Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Changes Coming

It's been quite some time since I last updated! That's mostly because I haven't been doing any traveling. I've been doing lots of reading and researching though. I've found some new travel blogs to follow. I'm thinking about adopting something along those lines until my next trip for this blog. Highlight some special cities, post some of my favourite photos... basically try to make this blog more useful than just my travel diary.

I've been re-reading my diary from last summer. I can't believe it's been a year already. It's amazing how reading over an entry, no matter how brief, can mentally take me back to the street or pub I was talking about. A specific detail that's been lost in four months of details, but that is still there waiting for recall. If you're planning a trip, I can't recommend keeping a diary enough. It gives you the opportunity to relive your trip, more than you probably think.

At the moment I am in the very early stages of planning a trip down under late next year. Very early in that... I know I'm going, and I know for roughly how long. I'm hoping to spend about three or four weeks in New Zealand, four to six weeks in Australia, and hopefully about four weeks in the US. I know it probably seems a little bit odd to combine the US with Australia and New Zealand... but it's much cheaper to fly round trip out of LA than Ottawa... and I've always wanted to see the Southern US. In particular I'm aiming for the Grand Canyon and California. Anyways, it's all dependent on finances and life... but I'm hoping it will work out. It seems far away at the moment... but I think about how fast the planning stages of my European trip went and realize that it'll be here before I know it.

If you have any recommendations for Australia and/or New Zealand, let me know!

Hopefully you'll see some changes to this blog soon!

2 comments:

jilldownunder said...

I recommend the west coast of Australia *cough*

Sarah said...

Don't worry Jill, it's in the plans! Probably going to cap things off in Perth, actually. Do a bit of a trek from Broome down to you. :)

Post a Comment